***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST DO SO THROUGH OUR WEBSITE https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colarimerco/. WE WILL NOT REVIEW ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUTSIDE OUR WEBSITE ***
The Department of Health and Environment is seeking a skilled, hard-working individual to join our clinical services team as a part-time, Medical Assistant!
This position will primarily work in our sexual and reproductive health clinic assisting in the day-to-day management of administrative and clinical support functions. This position will work in a team-based model of care environment and provide direct support and care to patients.
The typical schedule for this position will be a 30-hour week that follows clinic hours of 8AM-4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Please note: availability to work later clinic hours (such as Tuesday, clinic is 10AM-6PM) is needed.
Larimer County Department of Health and Environment’s mission is “working to provide everyone in Larimer County the opportunity for a health life.” Join our team, apply today!
Specifically, this position:
- Assists clinician with maintaining accurate and current documentation of services provided; records and secures lab work for specific clinic
- Takes vital signs, height, and weight measurements; performs laboratory screenings as indicated and prepares specimens for transport to outside labs; obtains urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests and hemoglobin samples and records results in electronic health record in accordance with department procedures
- Obtains blood samples by venipuncture for specified laboratory tests, following appropriate phlebotomy practices and department policy
- Prepares, stocks, and cleans examination rooms
- Maintains inventory of clinic and pharmacy supplies and equipment
- Reviews client medical and social histories; reviews patient forms for completeness and accuracy of information, and records appropriate client information in electronic health record
- Keeps informed of current medical issues and continuing education topics pertinent to the role
- Participates in routine reporting, audits of clinic charts and data collection as necessary and required by the program and Colorado Department of Health and Environment
To view the full job description, visit – https://www.larimer.gov/hr/careers/job-descriptions#/app/detail/Medical_Assistant
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Have experience working in a clinical setting; sexual and reproductive health experience preferred
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Preferably have a Medical Assistant certification.
- Regular, predictable attendance with flexibility to work Monday through Friday
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Be proficient using electronic medical record systems for documentation of patient encounters
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Have knowledge of and experience with software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases
- Evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks, ensuring adherence to deadlines and completion with a high level of accuracy
- Provide and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Have a team-focused approach, with a willingness to help others when needed
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the process.
- Two (2) years of related experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess reliable transportation to be able to work in any County facility as needed and required.
- The ability to obtain BLS certification within one year required.
- Ability to complete phlebotomy training within one (1) year, according to department needs.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term positions:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, and holidays
To view information on Larimer County’s Benefits, visit www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
Assessment testing may be administered.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.