Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Opportunity to Increase Equity and Improve Health Outcomes
To view the complete description and apply, go to: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=230002DC&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Please note that preference is given to applications received within the first 14 days of posting, please consider applying by 03/14/23.
Job Title: Regional Program Coordinator III – Western Massachusetts, Office of Problem Gambling Services
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) is seeking to hire a Regional Coordinator to provide program oversight, assistance, and support to OPGS-funded organizations to address the harms associated with gambling, to deliver improvements in population health, and to tackle health inequity. Prior experience implementing equity-driven community engagement planning and programming is preferred. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced program coordinator who thrives in a rapidly growing and highly collaborative environment.
Utilizing best practices and a health and racial equity lens, coupled with a community-centered approach, the Regional Coordinator supports DPH-funded community-based organizations in the development and enhancement of community programs, the development and deployment of resources, as well as assisting with organizational infrastructure and capacity building. Further, the Regional Coordinator will apply the Office’s community-driven approach to build strong relationships with community partners that will enhance and inform programming and DPH’s public health response to gambling.
Essentials for Success:
- Expertise, commitment and ability to work with community-based organizations across Western Massachusetts to address and anticipate emerging needs and challenges
- Representative and authentic community connections with a knowledge of community resources
- Commitment and ability to apply a racial and health equity lens to inform all aspects of programming
- Maintains regular contact with regional sites to assess barriers, needs and progress towards achieving program goals.
- Aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment that has a high level of scrutiny
- Experience with quality improvement
- Experience in project management
- Passion for community engagement and communications
To learn more about this important work please visit: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/office-of-problem-gambling-services
About Massachusetts Department of Public Health
DPH keeps people healthy and communities strong. We promote the health and well-being of all residents by ensuring access to high-quality public health and healthcare services, focusing on prevention and wellness, and health equity for all.