Monterey County Health Department
Natividad Medical Center
Salinas, CA 93906
Clinic Operations Supervisor
Salary: $5,143.32 – $7,020.69 Monthly
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Monday, December 12, 2022 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise.
The Health Department’s Clinic Services Bureau is recruiting to fill Clinic Operations Supervisor positions. Incumbents in this position will schedule and coordinate staffing and daily operations of one or more outpatient clinics, which involves supervision of staff, on-going training, and participating in quality assurance efforts. As part of continuing quality assurance efforts, incumbents in this position also will run reports and present data monthly to management.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates ten community clinic sites designated as Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), with clinics in Salinas, Seaside, and Marina. The Clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Clinic Services Bureau is to provide quality primary medical care to ensure that every resident of Monterey County has access to healthcare and public health services regardless of ability to pay and assures that high quality services are provided at the lowest possible cost.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill current and future vacancies, both regular and temporary, as they arise.
SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
• Supervises work of assigned staff; hires new staff; ensures appropriate training is provided on an ongoing basis; reviews, plans, supervises and evaluates workload of staff and makes recommendations for optimization; participates in quality assurance efforts.
• Schedules and coordinates staffing and daily operations; ensures the accuracy and administration of schedules; utilizes Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to facilitate flow of patient information, determines priorities and adjusts staffing levels to workflows; assigns and reviews work.
• Establishes jobs standards and evaluates employee performance; documents substandard performance, counsels, and motivated employees to improve performance; recommends and takes disciplinary actions; prepares mater for disciplinary actions.
• Approves vacation requests; evaluates need for overtime and makes recommendations for approval; submits timecards in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follows and ensures compliance with prescribed County and clinic policies and procedures, safety and infections control policies procedures.
• Collects, reports, and tracks cycle flow times and quality measures.
• Participates in and/or conducts special projects for assigned Manager including those affecting Bureau operations such as new procedures required by technological advances or changing need of the department.
• Directs cashiering function; monitors and reconciles production of summary documents which include trial balances, revenue balances, revenue summaries and computer billing, adhering to the county cash handling protocol.
• Recommends, drafts, and implements policies and procedures as assigned.
• Remains abreast of new developments related to Medical Assistant field of FQHC clinic operations through continuing educations; conducts in-service training as needed.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Thorough Knowledge of:
• Standard front and back-office procedures and protocols applicable to an outpatient clinic setting
• The use and applications of electronic medical records
Working Knowledge of:
• Principles and practices of supervision, time keeping, performance appraisal, employee training and development
• Quality, access, and fiscal standards with effective generation and usage of relevant reporting data
• Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and other computer applications as needed
Skills and Ability to:
• Plan, organize, schedule, assign, review, evaluate and supervise the work of staff
• Appraise performance, counsel, motivate and train employees, prepare documentation and recommend and implement disciplinary measures
• Oversee and maintain patient flow and maintain quality control
• Recognize potential problems and proactively make corrections
• Prioritize similar and/or conflicting responsibilities and tasks
• Communicate effectively and professionally in writing and in person with staff and patients encountered in the course of work
• Follow oral and written instructions
• Establish and maintain a professional, warm and caring atmosphere with people from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
• Establish and maintain professional cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Use a computer and required software programs
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in a human healthcare setting, including one year with responsibility for scheduling and monitoring work and patient flow.
Education: Possession of a Medical Assistant Certificate of satisfactory completion from a Medical Assistant training curriculum and certificate of satisfactory completion from a Basic Cardiac Life Support Course is desirable.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
• Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
• Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
• Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
• Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
• Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M – F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
Direct Apply Link:
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant’s answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants’ possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Monterey County is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.