Be a part of a dynamic team whose work enriches the health of communities by strengthening city and county health departments. At the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), we are united by our work to improve our country’s 3,000 U.S. local health departments. We represent the voice of local public health while striving to live out our core values of equity, excellence, participation, respect, integrity, leadership, science and innovation. We provide our employees with meaningful work, opportunities to learn and grow, a strong work/life balance, and a flexible, hybrid work schedule while being a part of a collaborative team.
We are interested in growing our team with passionate, committed, and innovative individuals. The Associate Web and Database Specialist will join NACCHO at a time of dynamic growth. This position is important in the Information Technology Department, and the core responsibilities of the position include:
The Specialist, Database & Web contributes to the advancement of local public health by performing a range of responsibilities related to NACCHO’s websites and the management of NACCHO’s Association Management Software (AMS) platform. This is an entry-level position with a bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent work experience.
The work of the Specialist, Web & Database supports the work of the department, typically follows standard processes, procedures, and solutions, and includes basic project coordination (organizing, budgeting, and complex scheduling), research, analysis, and writing. He or she typically performs under moderate direction, analysis, research, writing, and can complete projects or components of large-scale projects/programs with minimal supervision.
This position is responsible for providing professional support to NACCHO staff and its stakeholders; this position typically performs moderate analysis, research, writing, and project coordination, usually under the direction of the Director, Database & Web Technology. This position’s duties include maintaining and updating MyNACCHO (eWeb) member portal, Implementing new or maintaining existing NetFORUM Enterprise AMS integrations, soliciting member feedback to guide UI design for MyNACCHO member portal, ensuring consistency in the format of website pages, providing technical support and training to staff for OpenWater Application platform, designing custom NetForum AMS reports, maintaining/setup of NACCHO applications, and other duties as assigned.
The Specialist, Database & Web may have frequent contact with outside organizations or internal stakeholders that may involve project coordination, information sharing, or resolution of problems. The position may require travel several times during the year for projects, or to attend meetings/conferences as required.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
AMS Related Duties
- Develops and maintains custom NetFORUM AMS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, as requested.
- Creates new fields, forms, and wizards within NetFORUM AMS, as needed.
- Participates with testing, case management, and stakeholder communication for Netforum AMS upgrades/service packs.
- Updates/Maintains MyNACCHO (AMS eWeb) Portal.
- Manages projects related to AMS SSO or Integration.
- Works to ensure that new and/or existing online content is consistent with NACCHO’s Web style guidelines and review pages continually to ensure quality/consistency.
- Provides support for NACCHO microsites, as needed.
- Solicits member feedback to guide UI design.
- Provides basic Google Analytics website reports to NACCHO staff members.
Application Platform Management
- Supports NACCHO staff with creation of new applications, management of existing applications, and application review processes.
- Manages OpenWater platform user account access for NACCHO staff, external partners, and/or reviewers.
- Maintains and creates documentation and standard processes around staff use of the application platform.
Staff Support & Training
- Uses help desk software to track support tickets and responds to internal staff requests.
- Provides training and manages listening/informational sessions for NACCHO staff on the Application Platform Software (OpenWater).
- Maintains and creates training documentation for the Application Platform Software.
- Assists with writing policies, workflows, and training documentation to ensure that all staff are aware of processes.
- Participates actively within any assigned teams. May perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in relevant professional field with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience and/or advanced technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. An advanced degree may be substituted for work experience. An extensive practical experience with NetForum Enterprise AMS or other AMS platform may be substituted for formal education.
- Advanced level of proficiency in NetFORUM Enterprise AMS eWeb and xWeb, or other similar Association Management Software (AMS) Platforms.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Fundamental awareness of website content management systems.
- Fundamental awareness of the technology project management process.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in HigherLogic Marketing Automation and Community platforms.
- Fundamental awareness of web publishing, W3C Web standards, Advanced DNS management, and Web Security.
- Fundamental awareness of managing DNS entries, sub-domains and file/directory structures, and security related permissions.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in responsive web design and web architecture is required. Experience in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) is a plus.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) software
- Preferred: Experience working in an association environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
Salary Range: $61,360 – $65,180
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a Public Health organization, NACCHO follows CDC guidelines and advisories relating to the health of all. NACCHO has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy applicable to all NACCHO employees to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.
We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: PN – 61 Associate Web & Database Specialist.
NACCHO offers generous benefits package such as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD insurances
- 15 days of paid vacation & 13 days of sick leave and other types of leave
- 403(b) Retirement plan,
- Hybrid Remote Work Available
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.