Why does the job exist?
The purpose of this position is to assist with the management and administration of the Department of Health Learning Center. This role is responsible for enhancing the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employees workplace performance in alliance with company’s core values. You will be responsible for designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions.
How does it get done?
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans
Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Conduct orientation sessions
- Deliver training courses
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development
- Assist in administration of the DOH learning management system.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with talent management and succession planning
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in any field and two (2) years of experience in training, staff development, designing courses, and/or producing instructional aids/materials. Substitutions Apply.