The Community Health Outreach Worker makes direct contact with the community to address access and the importance of preventive and comprehensive health care. The outreach worker strives to identify and eliminate barriers to health care in the community and promote primary health care services among individuals, families, schools, faith-based organizations and other community-based organizations. The outreach worker interfaces with social services programs to provide linkages to a wide variety of resources. In addition to measure success, each individual outreach worker receives specific metrics unique to his or her assigned health center and to help determine productive job performance. This job may have routine access to individual health information including the patients’ entire medical records on a need-to-know basis only.
Assists clients in understanding technical/medical/legal processes, documents and information.
• Educates the community on public health disparities, the need for health care and NCHC services in a variety of settings.
• Provides constructive feedback to co-workers and to other organizations from the community.
• Initiates and maintains respectful and mutually supportive relationships with clients and service providers.
• Assists individuals and groups in accessing NCHC services.
• Recognizes and appropriately responds to the beliefs, values, culture, languages and points of view of the individuals and communities served.
• Recognizes situations appropriate for referrals to various agencies and programs.
• Refers clients to appropriate service providers and assures completion of the referral by supporting/coaching and follow-up.
• Develops and maintains active referral networks and coalitions with other workers and agencies.
• Serve as a liaison between organizations and specific groups.
• Encourages and empowers clients to be self-sufficient.
• Fosters local partnerships that will improve service delivery.
• Assists individuals and groups in identifying and pursuing personal and community goals
About Newark Community Health Centers, Inc
Newark Community Health Centers, Inc., FQHC, is a multi-cultural, Patient Centered Medical home- Level III that provides primary care services (Family/Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, and Dental) and social services. We are dedicated to meeting the health care needs of the medically underserved in the greater Newark area. Join us as we expand!