Purpose of Position
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Why does the job exist?
The data linkage epidemiology position to supports linking numerous data sources across agencies. Through the development of the linkage methodology, innovative techniques will be identified to improve public health practice. Responsibilities include:
1) Developing strategies to link a variety of data sources
2) Identifying public health uses of linked data sources
3) Prioritizing linkages based on the public health insights acquired
4) Share linking protocols, insights gained, and lessons learned to internal and external stakeholders
The work will be accomplished via available or preferred statistical software. There will be opportunities to expand knowledge through the work, internal colleagues, and/or external training opportunities. The long-term goal of this work is to leverage diverse datasets by linking them and using the data to identify and address public health problems collaboratively among pertinent agencies.
How does it get done?
The job is done using SAS, R, STATA, or other statistical software. The job involves working with stakeholders from multiple agencies and programs to understand various different data types.
Who are the customers?
New Mexico Department of Health, local stakeholders in New Mexico, CDC, and ultimately the citizens of New Mexico.
Experience linking (include linkage software or techniques) and working with data sources that have a variety of structure and formats;
Experience in engaging, establishing, and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders;
Experience with documentation and tracking of projects, tasks, and workflows;
Experience conducting data analyses based on the specific needs of various public health programs.
About NM Department of Health, Epidemiology & Response Division
Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Sciences, Social Sciences, or Statistics and two (2) years in Public Health to include data analysis and linking methodology. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Master's degree or higher in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification
2 years of experience
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
How To Apply:
The Department of Health has several positions opened at this time. If you are interested in applying for this position or any other job openings, please visit https://careers.share.state.nm.us and complete an online application.