Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Specialist
Reports to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Manager
Position Status: Full-time
Location: US (Remote, East Coast Preferred)
Target Start Date: January 15, 2023
No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to end sexual and gender-based violence against women and children globally. NMNW trains instructors in high-risk environments to deliver the proven No Means No curricula to girls and boys ages 10-20.
Through the program, girls increase their skills in assertiveness, boundary setting, and understanding of their rights, and develop the verbal and physical skills to defend themselves from sexual assault. Boys increase their gender equitable attitudes, learn skills to defend equality, avoid violence, ask for consent, and intervene when witnessing or anticipating sexual assault. NMNW also works to increase girls’ and boys’ disclosure of experiences of sexual violence and provide referrals for comprehensive support.
Based on findings from researchers from institutions including Stanford University, Johns Hopkins, and the University of Nebraska that have shown the effectiveness of our approach, our program is endorsed by the WHO, UNICEF, CDC, USAID, World Bank, and the Global Partnership to end Violence against Children. NMNW is in a period of significant growth, excited to be taking steps to scale global programming.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Summary of Position
NMNW is scaling up its sexual violence prevention programs through strategic partnerships globally. A critical component of our partnership model is a strong Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) system that leverages data submitted by partners to provide strategic and relevant program insights for NMNW’s Program and Technical Units, external partners, and donors. The MEAL Specialist will manage a portfolio of NMNW’s programs from a MEAL perspective, being responsible for the design, training, rollout, and reporting and analysis of results for programs within their portfolio. The MEAL Specialist is also expected to contribute as a thought partner in building NMNW’s global MEAL strategy and framework.
This is a remote-based full-time position, ideally based in United States with preference for candidates in EST time zone. As NMNW grows its programs, there will be opportunities to shape NMNW’s global MEAL strategy.
· Ensures NMNW’s partners have MEAL tools, guidance, and training in order to monitor their No Means No program activities effectively
· Liaises with partners to report results of their programs to NMNW
· Facilitates the use of data by stakeholders (NMNW, partner staff, and others) to improve ongoing technical assistance for No Means No programs
· Manages the flow of quantitative program data through data cleaning, imports and exports, quality checks, and troubleshooting using NMNW’s Salesforce database and Microsoft Excel
· Ensures timely reporting on portfolio program results to key stakeholders including staff, donors, and partners
· Generates reports, analysis, and dashboards to analyze program results in Salesforce and Microsoft Excel
· Supports partners in design and rollout of program evaluations for their portfolio, which may include evaluation tools, guidance, training, analysis, and/or reporting
· Supports design and rollout of evaluations for internal learning questions at NMNW
· Analyzes quantitative and qualitative program data to answer NMNW’s key learning questions
· Provides training and support to partners and staff on MEAL, virtually or in-person, including generating feedback to improve the MEAL system
· Travel to program countries to provide in-person technical support (up to 20%)
· Contributes to NMNW’s overall global MEAL strategy and frameworks
The ideal candidate has experience working independently and as a team.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in the field of Monitoring & Evaluation, or equivalent
· Experience designing Monitoring & Evaluation tools, frameworks, and trainings
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including tables, formulas, pivot tables, and creating graphs and visualizations
· Demonstrated skills in quantitative data, including but not limited to data collection, analysis and presentation, and communication of results
· Experience in managing online database systems (Salesforce experience ideal), including creating reports and dashboards using databases
· Experience using software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of data analysis programs a bonus (e.g. STATA)
· Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially working in a cross-cultural environment
· Willing to work on a flexible schedule to accommodate time zones in the United States and Africa
· Experience in international development work, including M&E reporting requirements, is an advantage
· Legally authorized to work in the United States
· 12 paid holidays per year
· 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO) the first year of employment, then 21 days per year thereafter
· Choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans (75% of premium paid for by NMNW for employee; 50% of premium paid for partners and dependents)
· ‘Bring Your Own Device Policy’ and an IT stipend of up to $800 per year for allowable IT expenses
· Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance (100% of premium paid by NMNW)
· Policies to support breastfeeding mothers traveling for work and an annual stipend for each child under 16 that can be used toward offsetting childcare costs while traveling
· Co-working space stipend for remote employees of up to $300 per month
· Substantial flexibility on work hours, location, and schedule to allow for balancing work and life commitments
To apply, please submit the following:
· Cover letter that answers the following questions:
o Why do you want this job? What do you know about the organization that interests you?
o Do you meet all of the qualifications? If not, explain the gaps.
o Why you are uniquely qualified for this role? What do you bring to the table that puts you at the top of the candidate list?
· A short work sample that is 5 pages or less that highlights your skills in data visualization or explaining data and findings to a non-technical audience.
Please submit all three items to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9, 2021. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
About No Means No Worldwide
No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to end sexual and gender-based violence against women and children globally. NMNW trains instructors in high-risk environments to deliver the proven No Means No curricula to youth ages 10-20. The program teaches youth skills to recognize violence, understand issues of boundaries and consent, and embrace and stand in their own power.