- Position Title: Partnerships Specialist
- Reports to: Partnerships Director
- Position Status: Full-time
- Travel: 15-20%
- Direct Reports: None
- Salary: $51,000- $66,300
No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to end sexual and gender-based violence against women and children globally. NMNW trains instructors in high-risk environments to deliver the proven No Means No curricula to girls and boys ages 10-20.
Through the program, girls increase their skills in assertiveness, boundary setting, and understanding of their rights, and develop the verbal and physical skills to defend themselves from sexual assault. Boys increase their gender equitable attitudes, learn skills to defend equality, avoid violence, ask for consent, and intervene when witnessing or anticipating sexual assault. NMNW also works to increase girls’ and boys’ disclosure of experiences of sexual violence and provide referrals for comprehensive support.
Based on findings from researchers from institutions including Stanford University, Johns Hopkins, and the University of Nebraska that have shown the effectiveness of our approach, our program is endorsed by the WHO, UNICEF, CDC, USAID, World Bank, and the Global Partnership to end Violence against Children. NMNW is in a period of significant growth, excited to be taking steps to scale the program on a global level.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Summary of Position
The Partnerships Specialist will play a critical role in NMNW’s development of successful partnerships. In close collaboration with the Partnership Director, this person will be heavily involved in working collaboratively with potential and existing partners throughout the lifecycle of a project or program. They will also help to coordinate and facilitate the No Means No Global Partner Network and Country-Based Partner Networks. Responsibilities will include planning logistics, managing members, developing event content and tracking partner interests to ensure that network activity is adding value to participating partners.
- Assist with identification, selection, and prioritization of partners; answer partnership requests, conduct information sharing calls/meetings.
- Contribute to identifying and cultivating prospective partners in new regions (USA, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, etc.)
- Support the cultivation of relationships with a wide variety of partners including local implementing partners, technical partners, donors, government agencies, and multilateral agencies.
- Help further define the new partner onboarding and mentoring process in terms of relationship building, technical and administrative activities, and ensure partners are equipped to implement successful programs.
- Assist with the design of continuing education materials and learning platforms accessible by No Means No IPs and Instructors globally
- Help capture best practices and learnings across practitioners using the No Means No approach to preventing sexual violence
Global Partner Network
- Support virtual and onsite network meetings at Global and Country-Level (e.g. Uganda, South Africa, Zimbabwe) by contributing to the design of the agenda and activities, facilitating the sessions, organizing event logistics and documenting findings and ensuring next steps are captured.
- Work with the Partnerships Manager to design and execute the Global Partner Network’s governance strategy, including building a steering committee to guide the direction of activity and objectives.
- Track key metrics to help measure and track Global Partner Network health across the year such as number of members, number of participants during network activities.
- Manage Global Partner Network membership database to ensure all new partners have been invited, oriented and registered; updating the database when partners leave will also be important
- Manage Global Partner Network digital platform of partner resources, ensuring all members have access, files and folders are up to date, and identifying new resources of interest of partners
- Keep pulse of Global Partner Network members to ensure activities are aligned with member needs and interests.
- Collaborate with the other Partnerships Specialist focused on Quality Improvement to ensure challenges and questions emerging from the field are brought to Partner Network discussions
The ideal candidate has experience working independently and as a team
- 3+ years experience working in international development
- Understanding of / deep interest in NMNW’s model for scale through partnerships
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for working effectively across various partnerships, countries, and cultures
- Interest in network building and management
- Flexible to adjust with changing work priorities
- Interest and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with others and working cross-functionally
- Skilled facilitator who is comfortable leading meetings with large groups of people, that cultivates learning, inclusivity, energy and collaboration
- Skilled network weaver that looks for opportunities to connect partners with common interests, complementary skillsets, etc.
- Excellent communication, relational and networking skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment
- Close attention to logistics and details
- Passionate about ending sexual violence against women and children and an enthusiastic commitment to NMNW’s history and mission
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with field staff and partner organizations
- Spanish language fluency, as well as French or Arabic.
- Commitment to learning from a variety of stakeholders and partners, and ability to cultivate cross-learning opportunities between them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
- Experience participating in and/or managing a social impact partner network or community of practice
To Apply (Expression of Interest)
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10th, 2023. Please include “Partnerships Specialist” in your subject line.
NMNW is committed to cultivating a safe, inclusive workplace that reflects our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About No Means No Worldwide
No Means No Worldwide (NMNW) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to end sexual and gender-based violence against women and children globally. NMNW trains instructors in high-risk environments to deliver the proven No Means No curricula to youth ages 10-20. The program teaches youth skills to recognize violence, understand issues of boundaries and consent, and embrace and stand in their own power.