Apply Here: Strategic Planner (myworkdayjobs.com)
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic planning expertise and consultation to the Community Development Services (CDS) and OSDH districts. The general functions/major responsibilities of this position entail serving as the strategic planning content expert within the Community Analysis and Linkages are to enhance the functioning of programs with the CDS and across OSDH districts by providing consultation in community-based needs assessment and program planning, coordinating the development of action plans for improving health outcomes and provision of outcome driven technical assistance for implementation of the action plans through strategic actions.
• Exhibit knowledge and understanding of commonly used theoretical frameworks and models in public health for community needs assessment and planning initiatives.
• Exhibit knowledge of project management principles and experience using project management programs.
• Interacts with and provides technical assistance to internal customers (such as; State, District/County Health Departments leadership and staff) as well as external stakeholders from the public, private and nonprofit sectors in Oklahoma.
• Assist customers in their community engagement strategies and needs assessment efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating community conversations, listening sessions focus groups, meetings with diverse groups to share information and resources as well as collecting information through surveys, key informant interviews, etc. that can inform the planning and implementation of relevant community-based interventions and strategies.
• The ability to interpret community needs assessment findings and prepare materials (such as briefs, reports), and communicate results to department staff, the general public, and other partners.
• Utilizes a variety of in-person, electronic, and technology-assisted strategic planning materials, tools and methods.
• Conducts organizational reviews to identify environmental conditions including strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Exhibit basic knowledge of evaluation methods especially for programs addressing chronic disease, tobacco, obesity or wellness.
• Assist in writing grant applications.
• A proven ability to work independently and communicate effectively using written, verbal, and electronic methods.
• Maintains accurate records and files related to work performed and prepares and updates documentation regrading assigned projects.
Education and Experience
• Requirements at this level consist of a master’s degree in public health, public administration, health services administration, biological, medical, or health science.
• Two years of full-time professional level experience in organizational strategic planning.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Current theoretical frameworks and models in public health for community needs assessment and planning initiatives; Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public health practice and administration; computer applications related to the work, including data base development and modification and report generation techniques. Able to monitor and track progress of strategic initiatives in regards to milestones, activities and deadlines; establishes timeframes needed to complete strategic initiatives; recognizes, resolves and elevates problems.
• Office Environment
• Computer based
• Travel may be required
Additional Job Description
· Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
· Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on ‘Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma’.