Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) is seeking a part-time (50% FTE) Human Research Protection Manager who will be part of our Shared Services Team. This position may work a hybrid work week in one of our 5 offices and remotely. The salary for this part-time position is $42,500 to $47,500 per year. The Human Research Protection Manager develops, coordinates, administers, and implements an integrated and comprehensive compliance program throughout the Institute to protect the rights and safety of research participants.
We are an independent, nonprofit organization merging scientific knowledge and proven practice to create solutions that improve the health, safety and well-being of individuals, communities, and nations around the world. We have excellent health coverage; retirement plans and flexible telecommuting and work arrangements available to support our nationally recognized institution of independent scientists.
To apply for this position, visit https://pirecareers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/220.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related discipline
· Three years’ experience with human research protections and IRB reviews
· Working knowledge of, and experience in interpreting and implementing, research compliance regulations and issues
· Proven track record of effective communication with researchers, research staff and IRB members on matters of research compliance and ethical human research practices
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Familiarity with IRB Net
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations pertaining to Human Subject Protections and HIPPA
· Excellent problem-solving, critical decision making and professional judgement skills
· Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
SOME PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure compliance to ethical standards for the conduct of research involving human participants
· Development of protection and integrity compliance-related policies and procedures
· Manage and administer daily operations of PIRE IRBs
· Be the liaison between PIRE and federal research compliance agencies
· Provide Institute-wide guidance, information, education and training for research integrity standards
· Generate regular reports on the operation and progress of compliance efforts
· Communicate compliance program updates and new compliance programs to staff
· Manage Institutional Review Boards
· Work with IRB chairs and members in the review of protocol submissions related to ethical standards
· Develop written IRB procedures
· Process IRB reviews
· Facilitate IRB meetings and reviews
· Maintain IRB review database and files
PIRE has a significant national presence in the area of applied science, with funded research projects at its centers on prevention, treatment, and policy research. PIRE social scientists and practitioners continually focus on the design and implementation of complex program evaluation strategies and the conduct of research related to health and social issues, and criminal justice. PIRE practitioners and scientists provide training and technical assistance in many health-related areas to states and communities that are attempting to improve public health.
PIRE is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
PIRE is a diverse community devoted to the promotion and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, gender or physical ability. Each employee, regardless of position, is expected to support actively the organization's commitment to such diversity by displaying a positive attitude toward and acceptance of all employees regardless of such differences.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
PIRE will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com.