Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be part of our Central Business Office’s Shared Services Team. This position may work a hybrid work week in the office located in Beltsville, MD and remotely. The Senior Accountant oversees billing, collections, and account reconciliations for all projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Knowledge of cost principles, budgetary and reporting requirements, and auditing standards
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting and auditing practices
- Excellent problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to analyze and interpret government regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint desired, but not required
Some Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee accounts receivable for all projects, ensuring timely invoicing and collections
- Prepare, post and deliver customer invoices via e-mail of funder portal
- Review accounts receivable aging
- Contact customer or PI, as appropriate, to follow up on past due receivables
- Prepare journal entries and deferred revenue account reconciliations
- Maintain project billing files
- Administer PIRE’s American Express program
- Research, analyze and respond to customer inquiries
- Provide back-up support for all Finance functions
- Annual State registration report filings
- Prepare special reports
- Assist CFO with preparation and support of annual and periodic audits
- Assist CFO with system project set-up
- Assist with preparation of proposal budgets
- Work on projects, as assigned
To apply for this position, visit https://pirecareers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/217
PIRE has a significant national presence in the area of applied science, with funded research projects at its centers on prevention, treatment, and policy research. PIRE social scientists and practitioners continually focus on the design and implementation of complex program evaluation strategies and the conduct of research related to health and social issues, and criminal justice. PIRE practitioners and scientists provide training and technical assistance in many health-related areas to states and communities that are attempting to improve public health.
PIRE is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
PIRE is a diverse community devoted to the promotion and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, gender or physical ability. Each employee, regardless of position, is expected to support actively the organization's commitment to such diversity by displaying a positive attitude toward and acceptance of all employees regardless of such differences.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
PIRE will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com.