The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
The Quality Sourcing Cost Optimization Team (QSCO) is responsible for ensuring the quality of medical products purchased or recommended by CHAI. The team tracks the availability, pricing and sources of intermediates and products of interest to CHAI. In addition, the team calculate cost of goods which are then used by CHAI and partners in pricing negotiations iith suppliers. QSCO works directly with pharmaceutical manufacturers in the US, Europe, Asia and Africa and with manufacturers making pharmaceutical intermediates and raw materials to ensure that high-quality, low-cost inputs are used to make these medicines. QSCO works across many programs at CHAI, including COVID-19, AMR, Hepatitis, HIV, Family Planning, Cancer, Malaria, Essential Medicines, TB and New Products.
The Associate will be a critical contributor to CHAI’s QSCO team. They will provide analytical, strategic, and communication support with a focus on monitoring supply chain trends for medicines and their inputs based on market intelligence and import/export data. In addition, they will review contracts, purchase orders and protocols to confirm that quality has been addressed appropriate and will work with the contract team, program teams and procurement agents to manage any catalytic procurements made by CHAI. The Associate will assist in development of cost of good calculations for products in support of CHAI programs. The position will require minimal travel.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, advanced analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. They will be expected to function independently and flexibly, with minimal oversight. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Monitoring supply chain trends in terms of prices, supply and demand based on market intelligence and import/export databases
- Prepare detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects
- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI’s work
- Present effectively at internal CHAI meetings
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Ability to react quickly to ad-hoc requests while managing an existing workload
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and particularly with Excel. Must have extensive experience with advanced Excel formulas and pivot tables and be able to use them to organize, review, and analyze large quantities of data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry preferred plus 2 years work experience; or Advanced Degree or equivalent plus 1 year work experience; or equivalent total work experience