|Based in Washington, DC|
|Less than 10% international travel|
|Work From Almost Anywhere Status = Hybrid (remote with minimum 2 days in office)|
|Reports to Program Manager, Malaria|
Who we are
|Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.|
|PSI seeks a Program Coordinator (PC) to provide strategic support to PSI’s global malaria programs. The PC should be passionate about contributing to the health of those we serve around the world, love numbers and working with data, like the challenge of linking programs with finances, and have a curiosity for why things are the way they are and confidence to ask how we can do better.
|PSI seeks a Program Coordinator that will Support PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support. Liaise across PSI, which may include network members and country project teams, global technical and service departments, and strategic partners to ensure program/project objectives are met and PSI compliance requirements are met. May manage a small project/initiative, and/or the programmatic and financial health of a low-complexity network member/country project team, or components of a network member/country project portfolio.|
· Provides moderate financial management support, which may include assisting with team budget management, monitoring of labor trackers, preparation and tracking of small budgets, reconciling and re-classing expenses, financial analysis, subaward management, preparing donor invoices, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of team purchasing card. 25% of the time
· Monitors and ensures smooth operational and programmatic execution of small projects or low-complexity network members/countries, including monitoring of agreement modifications, workplans and deliverables in coordination with immediate team members, network or country project team members, and global technical and service department. 25% of the time
· Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. May include coordinating meetings, note-taking, booking travel, editing, or ad hoc requests for information. 20% of the time
· Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, and administration of online communications site(s). Assists with drafting, editing and coordinating communications materials. 20% of the time
· Assists with new business development opportunities. 10% of the time
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
|What are we looking for?|
|· Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
· At least 3 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
· Working proficiency in French strongly preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
· Strong quantitative skills, with emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to manage diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
|The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:|
|Measurement:You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration:You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment:You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
|References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
|PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing a medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.