Analyst, Budget, Analysis & Insurance
Based in Washington, DC, or Remote
No Travel Required
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = approved
Reports to Senioe Manager, Budget and Analysis
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The Budget, Analysis & Insurance team collaborates with all PSI departments, whether HQ or field-based, to ensure that PSI’s financial operating risks are understood and mitigated. We analyze annual and program budget data to 1) project and understand PSI’s financial health, 2) inform decision makers and the PSI board, 3) mitigate financial risks against losses through the management of global insurance policies.
PSI seeks an Analyst, Budget, Analysis & Insurance who will monitor and analyze financial data at the organizational level to inform risk mitigation and provide timely, thoughtful financial insight to aid management decisions in insurance & AOB areas.
- Annual Operating Budget: Support the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes by developing improved tools, templates and guidance, training PSI staff, coordinating and compiling budget data, conducting quality assurance measures, and other related tasks as assigned. 30% of the Time
- Regular AOB Analysis, Modeling and Forecasting: Support financial analysis and modeling to identify trends, flag potential issues, and recommend actions to senior management. Develop materials for use by PSI senior management to analyze a wide variety of scenarios and present outcomes with clear, concise and compelling visual presentation. 30% of the Time.
- Global Insurance Policy Management: Support the collection and analysis of field data in support of regular insurance exposure risk mitigation, policy management and policy renewals. 10% of the Time
- Global Insurance Claims: Support medium-risk claims & processes under the global insurance policies. Provide support in the allocation of premiums and claims reimbursements to projects. Lead knowledge management of global insurance policies via SharePoint site. 15% of the Time
- Indirect Cost Recovery: Support in the development of the yearly provisional NICRA submission. 10% of the Time
- Other duties as required. 5% of the Time
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in related field.
- At least 5 years of related work experience (Finance/Accounting/Corporate Insurance) required. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- Expert Excel user, including pivot tables and advanced functions; familiarity with data query tools is required (PowerBI, GetData, etc.). Advanced MS Excel and PPT skills; experience using data cubes (e.g. OLAP); familiarity with ERP systems (Lawson in particular) nice to have.
- Experience in financial data analysis and reporting for the purposes of risk analysis.
- Excellent analytical and data visualization skills.
- Familiarity with USAID and other major donors for regions rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and interact with other teams and analysts across the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English or platform language (French, Spanish).
- Fluency in English required. French and Spanish language proficiency a strong plus.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement:You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration:You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment:You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing a medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.