Job Title: Senior Advisor, Global Inclusion and Belonging
Job Family: Executive Operations
Proposed Organizational Layer: Professional
Proposed Career Level : P4
As PSI’s Senior Advisor, Global Inclusion and Belonging, you will work with PSI leadership to set a vision for inclusion and belonging across PSI’s global operating footprint. You will provide support and advisory services to PSI leadership, and to all of PSI’s countries in all matters relating to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB). As the change agent of a mission-critical focus area for PSI, you will lead, counsel, design, and execute creative ways to recruit, onboard, retain, develop, and promote diverse talent across all areas of the organization – in the United States and abroad. In this role, you will create, promote, evaluate, and support the development of learning and development programs and workshops to improve employee understanding of Global inclusion and belonging. You will create, plan, coordinate, and assess projects, working effectively across teams to align DEIB efforts with PSI’s business strategy and goals which may include their programs, policies, practices, processes, and people. Working closely with PSI’s Executive Team and with Human Resources, this role reports directly to the President & CEO.cumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this job profile. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilitieshis document is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a sumary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this job profile. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all tasts that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this job profile. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the job responsibilities.
· Lead the Inclusion and Belonging Strategy development: Advocate and advise the CEO, organizational leaders, external consultants, and the Human Resources team to build out PSI’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) strategy. In partnership with PSI’s Executive and Human Resources teams and employee-led DEI Advisory Council (established 2020) develop and implement strategic action plans to strengthen inclusion and belonging practices across the global organization. Develop the strategy and governance for, and manage the launch of, Global Employee Resource Groups (GERGs) to positively impact PSI’s organizational health by driving innovation in inclusion and belonging practices, and employee engagement. (40%)
· Roll Out the Inclusion and Belonging Strategy: Leverage human centered design (HCD) principles and DEIB practice to support the development and implementation of DEIB learning and development and internal programs to increase capacity across PSI’s global offices. Partner with PSI external and internal communications experts to build and deliver a cohesive communications strategy to accelerate progress aligned to DEIB initiatives and help elevate overall employer branding and employee engagement. Leverage organizational health dashboards and data to measure the impact and effectiveness of policies, programs, practices, and processes, in support of diversity and inclusion initiatives. (40%)
· Serve as a DEIB practitioner and strategic leader: Serve as senior reference point and sponsor for PSI’s established DEI Advisory Council. Lead the launch and scaling of DEIB initiatives to PSI’s Global offices, including cultural learning and development programs and workshops to improve DEIB awareness and knowledge. Advise, coach, and consult PSI leaders and the Human Resources team to continue to integrate inclusion nudges and bias interrupters into the PSI talent management lifecycle (recruitment, onboarding, performance rewards, career and leadership development, succession planning, and offboarding). (20%)
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodation may be able to support individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In most cases, prior related work experience may be a proxy for formal education and a degree may be a proxy for related work experience. Acceptable equivalencies may be documented under the Experience Requirement section.
– Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources, Social Work, Sociology, Justice Studies, Psychology, Organizational Development, Change Management, or related field
-At least 10 years of overall relevant experience. Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 10+ years of overall relevant experience, to include significant experience directly focused on DEIB.
- In-depth knowledge of DEIB subject matter with strong intercultural competencies and cultural humility
- Experience interpreting data and translating insights into strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in design and execution of strategies including performance metrics, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience establishing and managing Employee Resource Groups including governance processes.
- Self-starting, agile attitude with an ability to work cross-functionally and influence stakeholders.
- Skilled at creating structures thoroughly with little supervision.
- Strong persuasive and communication skills; customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to work in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and other spreadsheets and presentation tools.
- Experience living and/or working in global context
- English language proficiency and multilingual a plus.
G. Work focuses on managing a highly complex function, activity, or portfolio of program(s). Subject matter expert within their discipline.
Problem Solving Complexity: Sub-Dimension A: Complexity
E. Solves problems that are typically strategic in nature. Resolves complex issues where evidence or procedures may not exist, and analysis requires in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
Problem Solving Complexity: Sub-Dimension B: Supervision
D. Minimal supervision with considerable latitude for independent judgement to achieve desired outcomes. Exercises judgement in selecting method, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Takes calculated risks in consultation with senior leaders and experts.
Engagement: Sub-Dimension A: Type of Contacts
D. Regularly interacts with management level employees, as well as management level funders, partners, and other external stakeholders. Has strong external networks and may take a leadership role in global communities of practice. May interact with board members.
Engagement: Sub-Dimension B: Purpose of Contact
D. Interactions are focused on building understanding, facilitating solutions, and efficiently driving to decision making. Requires the use of judgement, timing, and persuasion to gain alignment in the face of differences of opinion. May negotiate and/or sell when limited negotiation/selling authority is delegated via senior leadership.
B. Provides work guidance to others by explaining PSI processes, systems and/or knowledge in related specialty area.
Level of Knowledge:
E. In-depth knowledge of the profession and subject matter expertise within the organization. Able to apply in-depth knowledge in work execution and continuous improvement of PSI programs, policies, services and systems.