Senior Analyst, Business
Based in Washington, DC and approved PSI work locations (Kenya and India)
10-25% international travel
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = Eligible
Reports to Senior Finance Manager, Social Business Unit
Who we are
PSI is a network of locally rooted, globally connected organizations working to achieve consumer-powered healthcare — people-centered health systems that ensure quality, affordable care wherever and whenever it is needed. Our origins in sexual and reproductive health have grown into a broader mission. Today, we work with the public and private sectors as well as local communities, prioritizing people’s voice and choice and developing solutions to meet their essential health needs. Over the past five decades, we have helped push boundaries, break taboos, set trends, and develop innovative solutions to complex global health challenges.
The Social Business Unit (SBU) is the business arm of PSI that focuses on balancing commercial viability and social impact to deliver consumer-powered healthcare at scale through social enterprise entities in markets around the globe – including India, Southern Africa, Angola, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Paraguay, and Central America. The SBU vision is to design consumer-centric social enterprises that use a combination of digital and offline healthcare solutions to support consumers’ self-care journey, and give them choice, voice and agency in their health and well-being.
PSI seeks a Senior Analyst, Business that will Help drive the continued growth and success of PSI’s Social Business Unit markets by analyzing and improving business systems and processes, synthesizing and visualizing data, and supporting the adoption of new technologies and systems globally.
• Support regular SBU financial reporting cycles and ad-hoc reporting and assist with SBU financial process improvement. Assist in the reconciliation of Lawson, QBE, and the P&L dashboards. Support the collection and synthesis of the monthly Balanced Scorecard. Assist in the reconciliation of the P&L to the S/D report and the preparation of S/D commentary. Prepare ad-hoc financial reporting for SBU business and other teams across PSI. Prepare impact reporting data for PSI’s quarterly Board meeting. Support the commodities invoicing process. 40% of Time
• Build, maintain, and continuously improve global and country P&L dashboards to be used for day-to-day monitoring as well as for business review meetings and forecasting. Ensure dashboards are integrated with inventory OLAP, and work with the Strategy & Insights department to build, maintain, and continuously improve impact/CTL reporting and modeling. 20% of Time
• Build, maintain, and continuously improve global Salesforce effectiveness dashboards. Ensure dashboards integrate data from SBU markets and other identified markets. Support the implementation and adoption of Salesforce tools in SBU markets. 15% of Time
• Collect SBU business requirements and develop roadmaps for finance and supply chain/procurement systems development and implementation. Analyze SBU markets’ existing systems and processes, identify gaps, implement short-term solutions, and develop the roadmap for implementing medium to long-term solutions. Present analysis and roadmaps to senior leaders and other key stakeholders. 15% of Time
• Support the Annual Operating Budget (AOB) process for SBU markets. Build, maintain, and continuously improve AOB templates to be implemented in country. Train country staff to use templates effectively. Collect and review templates for input errors and work with businesses to correct where needed. Develop consolidated reporting templates for global review and Budget Committee presentations. 10% of Time
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field
• At least 7 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
• Basic understanding of Finance and Supply Chain business processes.
• Basic understanding of ERP systems including data integration, system workflows and other components including but not limited to reporting.
• Strong data analysis and dashboard development skills. Proficient in PowerBI or other BI Tools e.g., Tableau, Qliksense, SQL, etc.
• Strong financial management and budget management and monitoring skills.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Office 365.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to proactively identify opportunities, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, translate business requirements into technical requirements, and implement client-centered and evidence-based solutions.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills. Able to translate complex issues for a variety of audiences.
• Excellent collaboration, consensus building, and relationship building/management skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills with keen attention to detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Proficiency in second language (French, Spanish and/or Portuguese) preferred.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement:You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration:You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment:You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.