Reporting to the Senior Director of Procurement and Third-Party Risk Management, the Director of Third-Party Risk and Compliance serves as the manager and technical/compliance lead for third-party risk and compliance management for current and prospective Contractors and Subrecipients. Manages the team’s execution of all risk and compliance activities including subrecipient/contractor determination, risk assessments and due diligence (both initial and ongoing). Ensures PHS complies with all regulations regarding third party management. Ensures effective coordination with procurement and relevant stakeholders. Provides timely reporting and general guidance to other stakeholders on compliance and risk-related matters. Supervises the work of Compliance Analysts.
Specifically, the Director of Third-Party Risk and Compliance will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of all federal, state and funder-specific regulatory and compliance requirements related to third parties.
- Maintaining a complete, accurate and compliant procurement and subrecipient management manuals that document PHS’s organization-wide policies and procedures.
- Managing timely completion of all third-party due diligence and monitoring including, but not limited to, exclusion screens, financial viability assessments, insurance reviews and information security assessments.
- Approving subrecipient versus contractor determinations, when applicable.
- Approving inherent risk assessments and risk scores.
- Tracking status of all remediation issues and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure timely and effective resolution.
- Assigning and managing Compliance Analysts.
- Communicating third party-related policies and procedures to all stakeholders involved in the contracting process.
- Managing timely reporting on established metrics and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Ensuring complete and accurate documentation of all third-party risk and compliance activities.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in a risk or compliance function, 1 – 3 years of experience in Third Party Risk Management preferred.
- Ability to communicate security risks to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, developing and inspiring a team.
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the PHS organization and services.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or supervision.
NOTE: All applicants must comply with PHS’ vaccination policy. Effective October 1, 2021, employees will be required to provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine).
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans
About Public Health Solutions
Health disparities among New Yorkers are large, persistent and increasing. Public Health Solutions (PHS) exists to change that trajectory and support vulnerable New York City families in achieving optimal health and building pathways to reach their potential.
As the largest public health nonprofit serving New York City, we improve health outcomes and help communities thrive by providing services directly to vulnerable low-income families, supporting community-based organizations through our long-standing public-private partnerships, and bridging the gap between healthcare and community services. We focus on a wide range of public health issues including food and nutrition, health insurance, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, tobacco control, and HIV/AIDS. To learn more about our work, please visit healthsolutions.org.