Supports stakeholders in procuring services in compliance with policies and procedures. Performs all activities in support of the solicitation lifecycle including requirements and RFx development, solicitation distribution and collection, facilitation of proposal review and proposal scoring, and conditional awardee selection. Coordinates with third-party risk and relevant stakeholders to support the due diligence and contracting process. Maintains an appropriate understanding of PHS procurement-related policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
Specifically, the Procurement Agent will be responsible for:
- Managing the development of the RFx documents, scoring tool and identification of prospective applicants/organizations/proposers/vendors (in coordination with Agreement Owners).
- Setting up solicitations in the procurement system.
- Facilitating and managing the solicitation process including, as applicable, pre-proposal conferences, Q&A, and development of supplemental documents.
- Monitoring proposal submissions and manage timely closeout of the solicitation process.
- Performing administrative review of proposals and, when applicable, following-up with applicants/proposers for missing information.
- Facilitating the process for proposal review and awardee conditional selection based on the scope of activities applicable to each solicitation.
- Performing reference checks and coordinating with third-party risk on due diligence activities.
- Collaborating with stakeholders for notification to awardee and non-awardees and supporting the Agreement Owners with the contract negotiation process.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
- College degree in business administration, procurement, or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a Procurement Agent or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
NOTE: All applicants must comply with PHS’ vaccination policy. Effective October 1, 2021, employees will be required to provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine).
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
About Public Health Solutions
Health disparities among New Yorkers are large, persistent and increasing. Public Health Solutions (PHS) exists to change that trajectory and support New Yorkers and their families in achieving optimal health and building pathways to reach their potential. As the largest public health nonprofit serving New York City, we improve health outcomes and help communities thrive by providing services directly to low-income families, supporting community-based organizations through our long-standing public-private partnerships, and bridging the gap between healthcare and community services. We focus on a wide range of public health issues including food and nutrition, health insurance, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, tobacco control, and HIV/AIDS. Learn more about our work at healthsolutions.org.