Extension Educators provide the link between Land Grant University research and Indiana residents by creating innovative learning opportunities that address local issues. Dedicated to helping improve the quality of life for current and future residents, Educators collaborate with local, county and state agencies, partner organizations, businesses and schools to analyze needs, develop, implement and oversee vibrant and sustainable research-based educational programs, and provide resources and expertise to the local community.
With the ever-pressing societal issues facing our country, Purdue Extension plays a vital role in our local communities by providing information and educational programming at the point-of-need. The Health & Human Sciences Educator identifies needs within the local community, and partners with University and local resources to plan, implement and evaluate innovative, sustainable programs that influence attitudes, teach skills and encourage behavior change. The Health & Human Sciences Educator strives to improve the quality of life of individuals and families through these research-based programs that educate on topics relevant to our colleagues, partners and stakeholders within the community related to food, family, money and health.
- Work with state and local advisory committees in conducting needs assessments to identify critically important issues
- Develop effective and contemporary approaches to plan, deliver and evaluate programming
- Ensure all efforts are made to reach diverse audiences and provide equitable access to programs and facilities
- Identify, recruit and develop the volunteer leadership necessary to help carry out the mission of Purdue Extension
- Develop regular and effective communications and working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders within the community
- Quantify, communicate and promote the value of Extension education to key stakeholders, partners and decision-makers
- Develop and cultivate external funding sources to enhance educational programming
- Participate in and/or lead teams to enhance the scope and reach of Extension programming
- Other responsibilities as required