Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the Manager, Programs and Health Equity (MPHE) will be responsible for managing the implementation key Safe States Alliance programs and services. The MPHE will be responsible for managing all aspects of the following program(s):
- Working collaboratively with volunteer leadership to oversee the Anti-Racism and Health Equity Workgroup, including managing existing subgroups (Policy and Communications) and implementation of priority activities identified in the group’s Action Plan;
- Leading a programmatic portfolio providing subject matter expertise and leadership to Safe States members and the field of IVP related to racial and health equity or overall injury and violence prevention in support of the Safe States Alliance Strategic Map, including:
- Leading the Health Equity Seed Grant Program;
- Integrating Health Equity into the standards and their related indicators for model state health department, local health department, and hospital-based injury prevention programs;
- Developing content to enhance the Safe States Connections Lab;
- Facilitating a strengths-based training for the Injury and Violence Prevention Network; and
- Providing training and technical assistance to the IVP workforce in support of health & racial equity
- Supporting partner outreach and grant writing to strengthen ongoing Safe States efforts; and
- Engaging in additional programmatic, leadership, and policy activities, as assigned.
The MPHE will independently execute programmatic activities and develop programmatic resources within their portfolio of work. The MPHE will develop project timelines and ensure all projects adhere to the defined timelines. The MPHE will lead multiple activities within the various Safe States programs and services.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful applicant for this position is highly motivated and flexible, thinks critically, works independently, and can exhibit the following skills/qualifications:
- Strong candidates will have a Master’s degree (public health knowledge, education, and/or experience preferred) or significant health equity-related work experience in lieu of a Master’s degree;
- 3-5 years of public health and/or health equity-related work experience required (Injury/violence prevention knowledge and experience are strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously from planning through completion;
- Strong project management, leadership and oversight skills required;
- Solid critical thinking and organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to think strategically and establish long-term visions;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Passionate about Safe States Alliance’s mission and impact;
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Ability to travel, as needed.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample in one combined PDF to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2LLMCGP.
Cover letters should address the following:
- What experience do you have working with racial and health equity topics?
- What experience do you have serving in a leadership capacity?
- Why are you a strong fit for this opportunity?
The application process will operate on a rolling basis; Safe States will review applications as they are submitted and will close the position once the position has been filled.
Questions about this opportunity can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications, including those that do not fully respond to the cover letter request, will not be considered.
About Safe States Alliance
The Safe States Alliance is a national non-profit organization and professional association whose mission is to strengthen the practice of injury and violence prevention. Formed in 1993, Safe States Alliance is the only national non-profit organization comprised of public health injury and violence prevention professionals representing all U.S. states and territories. Safe States offers a professional, virtual workplace and is committed to diversity in the workplace as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.