The Hip Research Coordinator will work with physicians performing hip research and organize related clinical research projects. They will perform research project data analysis and manage research projects. The Hip Research Coordinator will manage operational and logistical tasks to ensure efficient execution of hip research within established budgets and timelines, ensuring all hip research activities occur in compliance with applicable regulations and maintain a focus on quality.
- Perform hip outcomes research
- Develop research questions and study
- Create and submit IRB applications
- Compile patient data analysis to test study hypotheses
- Manuscript preparation, submission and follow-through during peer-review process
- Write abstracts, prepare podium and poster presentations for society meetings, conferences, publications and maintain CV
- Oversee hip database collection methods, execution, organization and quality control
- Conduct other categories of research – systematic reviews/meta-analysis, surgical technique papers, collaborations with other SPRI departments and extramural teams including USOPC
- Ensure integrity of data/information, providing corrective action when needed
- Meet multiple deadlines for various ongoing projects
- Attend regular staff meetings and other required meetings
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related research or statistics field required
- 5+ years research experience and practical knowledge of research principles
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific methods, orthopaedic terminology, experimental design, data collection, and statistical analysis.
- Willingness to contribute to a diverse set of SPRI projects, including data analysis for studies beyond hip outcome projects
- Ability to handle confidential / sensitive information, and exercise good professional judgement
Salary: $100k – $120k, depending on experience
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at: https://www.sprivail.org/about-us/employment
About Steadman Philippon Research Institute
The Steadman Philippon Research Institute is known throughout the world for our research into the causes, prevention and treatment of orthopaedic disorders. We are committed to solving orthopaedic problems that limit an individual's ability to maintain an active life. Our perspective is based on clinical relevance, with a goal of improving the care of the patient. Recognizing that the body's innate healing powers can be harnessed and manipulated to improve the healing process has led to exciting advances in surgical techniques.
Building on our legacy of excellence in orthopaedic sports medicine, SPRI is unlocking the secrets of healing, finding cures and enhancing lives through global leadership in regenerative medicine, scientific research, innovation and education.