The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases National Institute of Diabetes and Diseases (NIDDK) is hiring an extramural Program Official to lead a research program focusing on systems biology, bioinformatics, computational biology and data science to advance scientific discovery in both normal biology and diseases of the alimentary gastrointestinal (GI) tract. The position will primarily focus on management of a portfolio of basic, translational and clinical research grants and cooperative
Examples of areas of interest for this position include systems biology and computational approaches
• Immune and inflammatory disorders such as inflammatory bowel diseases and celiac disease.
• Functional gastrointestinal and motility disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and
• Pre-neoplastic syndromes such as Barrett’s esophagus and colitis associated dysplasia.
• Developmental and structural disorders
• Interaction of the host microbiome, nutrients and host factors
Applicants should have an Ph.D. or equivalent degree and training and research experience in one or more of the areas listed above. Familiarity with NIH extramural funding as an applicant, reviewer, or NIH scientific administrator is a plus, and outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential.
See description for more information.
An advertisement is expected to be included on www.usajobs.gov on January 18, 2023.
For more information on the position, please send a one page letter of interest and CV to: Dr. Stephen James: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Dr. David Saslowsky: David.Saslowsky@nih.gov
About The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
NIDDK conducts and supports research on many of the most common, costly, and chronic conditions to improve health.