This position is responsible for educating patients about reproductive and sexual health and wellness. The Nurse Practitioner will obtain complete medical history and place referrals for primary health concerns. This position is also responsible for performing yearly physicals, pap smears and STI specimen collection while providing support and care for at-risk patients. This position will work with Disease Intervention Specialists to provide treatment for syphilis and HIV patients. Also may provide reproductive health needs such as Depo- Provera contraceptive injection, Nexplanon placement, intrauterine device (IUD) placements and removals.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Current and active license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio.
- Nurse Practitioner Board certified by AANP, ANCC, or AACN in Family Practice or Women’s Health. (FNP- BC/ RWHNP-C)
- Minimum 1-year clinic experience in gynecological services and STI treatment and prevention.
- Current CPR certification (BLS) through American Heart Association.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV/ AIDS/ STI including their social impact.
- Excellent time and priority management skills.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio and reliable transportation
- Colposcopy certification
- Long- acting reversible contraception (LARC) training
- Nexplanon training certification
- IUD placement/ removal training/certification
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Obtains complete medical, family, and social history and records findings in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain patient electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Performs comprehensive physical assessments including biological, social, and psychological needs.
- Identifies presenting problems, related problems, and abnormal findings.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and procedures, including placement and removal of IUD devices and other contraceptive devices with in scope of practice.
- Utilizes evidence- based practice and client-centered care.
- Provides appropriate health guidance for patient and family/ partners
- Diagnosis and treatment of syphilis and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) patients in the Ohio’s Northwest Region
- Demonstrates legal knowledge with duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Follows HIPAA and other agency privacy guidelines regarding health maintenance and promotion by identifying health risk factors. Modifies management plan through utilization of information gathered during the assessment, diagnostic testing, and relevant sources.
- Provides counseling and education for birth control and reproductive life planning.
- Refers patients for other medical, psychological, or social services as needed.
- Assists and provides guidance to nursing personnel and other health care professionals in the development and implementation of the care plan.
- Informs collaborating physician of patient problems or adverse effects of care and other concerns.
- Serves as a resource to other agency areas such as infection control and health education.
Other Duties & Responsibilities: Participates in Health Department disaster preparedness activities and may be required to report for work outside normal working hours during public health emergencies. Follows all Lucas County safety policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality requirements in accordance with personnel policy, including all required licenses and/or certificates.
- Monday: 11:00 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: Friday 8:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 1st Saturday of the month: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.(week adjusts if on a holiday)
Evening and Saturday hours may be amended on a quarterly basis based on patient demand.