Position: Part-Time Medical Assistant
Assignment Location: Western Lucas County WIC Office, 330 Oak Terrace Blvd, Holland, OH 43528
Pay: In Accordance with AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program, which includes an associate’s degree, diploma, or certificate, through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Holds Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Certification through American Association of Medical Assisting Program (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Certification through American Medical Technologists (AMA). Must maintain certification to remain qualified to hold the Medical Assistant position.
- Holds Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers. Must maintain certification to remain qualified to hold the Medical Assistant position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Previous experience with Electronic Health Record Systems
- Clinic or Physician Office experience
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Interviews patients to obtain patient’s medical history and measures their vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, pulse ox, temperature, weight and height).
- Prepares and administers injections.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedules appointments for patients.
- Performs general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation and completing insurance activities.
- Contacts medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Inventories and orders medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment.
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and instructions to patients.
Prepares the patients’ medical records for walk-in and scheduled appointments. Greets patients and answers inquiries either by telephone or over the counter.