As a Clinical-Community Navigator at the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC), you will Coordinate with community-academic project teams, local UF faculty, and health care providers who develop initiatives and provide health education related to reduction of cancer burden. On behalf of the UFHCC Office of Community Outreach and Engagement, the CCN will liaise with other UFHCC units, Leadership, and other stakeholders and partners across the University and Health System.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with clinical teams working in the community to attend screening activities to include participation in events, mobile outreach clinic days and others with a focus on following-up with those who were screened to encourage them to engage in the screening continuum.
- Explaining research protocols to participants, responding to patient inquiries regarding protocol, scheduling patient participation, ensuring compliance with research protocols, and informing referring physicians of protocol requirements.
- Assisting community partners in program development and event planning aimed at promotion of health behaviors and reduction of the cancer burden among underserved populations.
- Traveling to county extension offices to assist agents and prepare participants for telehealth visits by discussing the purpose of the visit and helping formulate questions for the clinician. You will also utilize remote exam tools and systems located in extension offices to help address patient healthcare connectivity.
- Collecting and disseminating pertinent health information back to providers, clinics, and community partners participating in project initiatives as directed.
This is an experienced, professional level position, ideal for candidates with established careers in community outreach and engagement and/or community health support. Candidates must have a valid Florida Issued Class E Driver’s License (or equivalent). The ideal candidate will have a masters’ degree in health science, health administration, public health, or a related field as well as three or more years of similar experience in fields such as community health outreach, clinical coordination, and/or clinical research. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.