The Office of Value-Based Performance (OVBP), hosted with CU Medicine, is establishing a Quality Evaluation Support Team (QUEST) to support quality improvement projects funded through the Medicaid Supplemental Funding Program. The goal of QUEST is to systematically identify, evaluate, and inform state-wide best practices to enhance access, quality of care, and cost savings for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) members and the Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing (HCPF) by establishing a rigorous quality improvement evaluation and implementation program within OVBP. This program will systematically evaluate, implement, and disseminate best practices for the projects supported by Medicaid Supplemental Funding. The Quality Evaluation Support Team, or QUEST, will address current gaps in person-power to enhance the sophistication and value of the evaluations for the School of Medicine, HCPF, Medicaid members, and other relevant community stakeholders. This position will report to the QUEST Program Manager.
The Medicaid Supplemental Funding (MSF) program is a significant partnership investment between University of Colorado School of Medicine (CUSOM) and Healthcare Policy and Financing (HCPF) to enhance access to care for Medicaid members in the Aurora community and state-wide. This program currently funds 90+ projects led by or partnered with CUSOM faculty members aimed at improving the care of Colorado’s Medicaid population.
The full-time Program Specialist position will be responsible for monitoring and managing MSF project progress toward program objectives and meaningful clinical or economical outcomes that demonstrate the value of the programs to the Medicaid population. Position will meet regularly with project teams to solicit, capture, and enhance project documentation essential for this in-depth evaluation.
Examples of Work Performed:
The essential duties in this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as advisor to, supporter to, and liaison between a cohort of Medicaid-funded project leads, the QUEST team and others to develop and manage project level measures/metrics to demonstrate value to the Medicaid program.
- Meet regularly with; Practice Directors, SOM Directors of Finance & Administration, faculty project sponsors and project teams to solicit, capture, and enhance project documentation essential for meaningful outcomes evaluation.
- Promote alignment across related projects, to permit summative and comparative evaluation within domains, including those identified as high priority for the Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing (HCPF).
- Provide navigational expertise and link project teams with internal and external resources to stimulate project success
- Conduct stakeholder sessions to get feedback and input regarding what is working well, not working well, and potential solutions to guide plans to improve project outcomes.
- Review project analysis results, combining quantitative and qualitative information to contribute to suggestions for project improvements.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health, economics or business administration or related field.
- 2+ years of prior and applicable business/process improvement/quality improvement/program design experience with emphasis on demonstrated project management success
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Master’s degree
- Familiarity with clinical and operational measure/metric development
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint