Nurse Student Recruiter and Prisma Health Liaison
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Nurse Student Recruiter & Prisma Health Liaison is a full-time 12 month grant funded staff position in the Mary Black College of Nursing. The position is responsible for the recruitment and retention of prelicensure BSN students. The nursing student recruiter makes presentations on and off campus, visits schools, provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising for potential students. Assists in the development of recruitment material. Assists students in obtaining post-degree employment by serving as a liaison between the Mary Black College of Nursing and Prisma Health.
- Assist in the development of strategic recruitment plans for the traditional prelicensure BSN program, with a goal to increase enrollment, quality of applicant pool, and strengthen student diversity.
- Meet with prospective students in person, on line, and by telephone to provide an overview of programs and answer questions and articulate program details and mission of the college to prospective students clearly and persuasively.
- Make community visits at schools and colleges to speak to groups and individuals and recruit for the traditional prelicensure BSN program.
- Work with university marketing to develop compelling messaging and materials for use in student recruitment, including e-communications, print materials, social media campaigns, and website content.
- Maintain a prospect database and follow-up at regular intervals with potential students.
- Collaborate with academic advisors, admissions, financial aid, and other university offices to obtain needed information to support student recruitment.
- Serve as a liaison between Prisma Health and Mary Black College of Nursing to support employment goals of students recruited.
- Prepare annual written evaluation and assessment of recruitment/yield strategies and employment; and make recommendations to improve overall effectiveness.
The time-limited position with benefits, will be approximately 3 years from start date with the strong potential of further renewals.
Master’s degree in Student Services or related field, or bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience. A good driving record, a valid driver’s license and a successful background check are required.
This position requires occasional travel and/or attendance at evening and/or weekend events.
$35,568 – $45,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/128031
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
About University of South Carolina Upstate
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university, a senior institution of the University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked USC Upstate No. 1 among Top Public Regional Colleges in the South. USC Upstate has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars. In addition, students and faculty from over 25 nations reflect the university’s international character. Located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country, the campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina. USC Upstate is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for faculty, staff, and administrators. We are an EOE/AA employer and are strongly committed to increasing diversity.