Nursing Success Coach – Grant
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Nursing Success Coach is a full-time 12 month staff position in the Mary Black School of Nursing. The Nursing Success Coach is responsible for assisting HOPE Nursing Success Scholars enrolled in the upper division nursing program and other students in achieving and maintaining a high academic performance in the school of nursing. The Nursing Success Coach supports students in passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses on the first attempt. The Nursing Success Coach engages in early identification, intervention, and remediation for students who require nursing specific academic support. The Nursing Success Coach mentors and guides students, tutors in nursing specific content, and identifies structured resources.
- Meets with all HOPE Nursing Success Scholars and other at risk students to conduct gap analysis for the purpose of creating a success plan, monitoring student progress, and documenting coaching activities and progress.
- Collaborates with Academic Support Services and Counseling services on testing, dealing with anxiety and the development and oversight of remediation activities.
- On-going monitoring of nursing standardized exam scores to identify at-risk students and identify resources needed to individualize remediation goals.
- Integrates NCSBN data and analysis as conducted by concept/content and other groups into student support activities.
- Early identification of at-risk students and oversight of strategies to promote student success with NCLEX on the first attempt.
- Monitors at risk student performance weekly and maintains regular communication with at risk students as well as their faculty member.
- Provides orientation and ongoing support for other nursing faculty in the use of student success tools and strategies in the classroom, clinical and laboratory setting.
- Works collaboratively with the Retention Specialist to design and implement the pre-immersion experience for incoming upper division students.
- Tracks retention data for upper division HOPE Nursing Success Scholars and conducts exit interviews with withdrawing and non-progressing students to determine reasons for withdrawal.
- Develops and maintains mentoring program for HOPE Nursing Success Scholars in collaboration with Retention Specialist.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned in support of the school of nursing.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in nursing with at least three years of clinical practice as a registered nurse. Currently active unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of campus location or multi-state privilege to practice nursing in state as applicable. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters degree in Nursing or higher preferred.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/125477
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
About University of South Carolina Upstate
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university, a senior institution of the University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked USC Upstate No. 1 among Top Public Regional Colleges in the South. USC Upstate has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars. In addition, students and faculty from over 25 nations reflect the university’s international character. Located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country, the campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina. USC Upstate is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for faculty, staff, and administrators. We are an EOE/AA employer and are strongly committed to increasing diversity.