Waikiki Health has been providing healthcare services to our community for over 50 years. Thanks to our members and passionate and dedicated professionals, we have grown from our single Waikiki Drug Clinic, helping minimize the drug use among our community’s youth, to a multi-service, multi-site non-profit agency. Our mission is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. We strive to provide compassionate healing and expert care that result in improved health and quality of life for all in our island community. We work hard each day to better ourselves to care for our Hawaii Ohana. If you are looking for a career path that will make an everlasting difference in your community, Waikiki Health is right for you.
Waikiki Health is now hiring a full-time Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS). Within the Patient Centered Medical Home model (PCMH), the TTS collaborates with staff members and patients to provide integrated, comprehensive, and patient centered care to help patients with chronic diseases reach their health goals through tobacco treatment.
In order to be considered for the position, you must apply through ADP Workforce Now with your resume and cover letter:
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provides comprehensive tobacco and nicotine counseling services including coordination of tobacco treatment cases in areas of counseling, education, provision of nicotine patches, nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, and other tobacco cessation medications (as clinically indicated by a provider), etc.
· Maintains a minimum of 40 patients at all times.
· Collaborates with medical providers and staff members to identify patients via referral from a target PCMH population who are tobacco users and who would benefit the most from tobacco treatment.
· Documents all patient interactions and NRT dispensing and program-related data in AthenaNet and Tobacco Database within 48 hours of patient encounter.
· Participates in monthly meetings with the Waikiki Health Tobacco Cessation team, collaborates to reach goals and required program benchmarks.
· Assists with grant reporting, as required by program funders or agency initiatives, including providing data and the completion of narrative
· Participates in internal and external, national and local Tobacco Cessation awareness initiatives
· Represents Waikiki Health at various functions and meetings related to Tobacco Cessation initiatives.
· Participates in the development and implementation of specialized recovery support services, such as education and treatment groups.
· Master’s degree in either counseling or clinical psychology preferred;or,
o Bachelor’s degree in health-related field with at least five years’ experience
· Experience with counseling substance abuse and/or mental health populations preferred.
· Must possess or obtain certification (provided by Waikiki Health) as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist from a nationally recognized institution upon hire (Mayo Clinic, University of Massachusetts.)
· Completion of training and progress towards NCTTP certification from NAADAC is acceptable as long as certification will occur within 6-12 months of hire.
· Computer skills required with EHR and Microsoft Office Suite experience
Please note: We require that anyone applying for TTS certification must be tobacco-free for a minimum of one year.
Waikiki Health provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including 100% premium paid employee health care, voluntary life insurance, generous employer matching, paid holidays, paid time-off, and more. We are currently looking for compassionate and team-oriented individuals to join our organization. If you are interested in improving health and quality of life for all in our island community, please visit our website for more information: Waikikihealth.org