The Williams County Health Department is seeking applicants for a full-time Health Education Specialist.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates evidence-based programs and services
- Conducts community outreach presentations and activities to reach diverse audiences
- Serves as a public health resource in the community
- Assists with writing grants and maintains compliance with reporting requirements
- Provides support for Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) activities
- Collaborates with local partners and Williams County residents to improve services
- Creates resources to improve health literacy and health awareness
- Provides support for accreditation activities
- Creates social media posts and assists with writing press releases
- Evaluates, interprets, and reports public health data
- Other related duties as assigned
- Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in public health or a health related field
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) preferred
- Prior experience in public health preferred
- CPR certified or may be obtained after hire
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance
- Must have computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, design, and presentation software
- Must have willingness to learn new skills, be adaptable/flexible
- Must have excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills including cultural sensitivity
The Williams County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Only non-tobacco, non-nicotine candidates will be considered.
Send resume and cover letter by mail or email to:
Victoria Smith, MPH, CHES
Director of Health Education and Preparedness
Williams County Health Department
310 Lincoln Ave.
Montpelier, OH 43543
This position will be posted until filled.
About Williams County Health Department
The overall mission of the Williams County Health Department is the prevention of disease, promotion of optimal health, and the providing of care for the present and the future residents of our county. Our purpose is to maintain and protect the health of residents through control of communicable disease, management of the environment, education of the community in health promotion, and prevention of illness and chronic disease.